BNA Fixed Assets Software: Features & Benefits
Time-Saving Fixed Asset Management Tools
BNA Fixed Assets™ software is easy and efficient to use – yet incredibly powerful and flexible. Our fixed asset software delivers a comprehensive and flexible fixed asset and depreciation management system with built-in tools to simplify set-up and ongoing management of your fixed assets.
Company and Book Features
BNA Fixed Assets software delivers a comprehensive and flexible solution with built-in tools to simplify set-up and ongoing management of your fixed assets.
- Available as a desktop, server,network, or web-hosted solution
- Templates for new company set ups
- Up to 200 short tax years supported
- Automatic calculation of GAAP, Federal Tax, AMT, ACE, E&P, and up to 99 user-defined depreciation books
- Unlimited companies in a consolidation
Web Version Only
- User security with password and ID restricts access to system
- Role-based security restricts access to specific companies and/or tasks
- Concurrent access by multiple users
With the industry’s most accurate and up-to-date fixed asset depreciation calculations supported by unparalleled domain expertise, BNA Fixed Assets helps you implement the right fixed asset depreciation policies for compliance against today’s complex tax regulations and GAAP rules.
- Individual and Mass Dispositions including Sale, Retirement, and Like-Kind Exchanges; gain and loss calculations for 1245, 1250, and 1231 property; sale of assets including ordinary and capital gain calculations; and disposals
- Investment Tax Credit, Indian Reservation Property, etc.
- Section 179 expense deduction and Section 179 Investment Limitation including rules for enterprise zone, clean fuel vehicles
- Bonus depreciation support for federal books
- Extensive fixed assets depreciation method variations: 11 methods (table or formula), 5 depreciation rates, 9 averaging conventions, and 20 property types
- Automatic application of mid-quarter convention
- Web Version Only: Custom methods/units of production
Audit Tracking & Audit Trail
With the industry’s only true Open Timeline™ feature - giving users full access to every asset’s past depreciation amounts - as well as comprehensive audit trail tracking, BNA Fixed Assets assures your depreciation calculations reflect correct values at any point in time for the most accurate reporting.
- Secure audit trail and data history viewing capability for fixed assets calculation modifications at any point in time
- Opportunity to change tax books not yet filed, even if financial books are closed for the year
- Full audit trail for every depreciation book through the asset viewer panel
- Prior periods protection with built-in system alerts
- Detailed asset audit trail and documentation for all changes made to fixed asset data
Asset Entry, Maintenance, and Operations
BNA Fixed Assets is designed to increase your fixed asset management efficiency and accuracy, while reducing common data entry errors through standardized depreciation policies and built-in templates.
- More than 30 program wizards — including mass data changes and company update, asset splits, consolidation, bonus depreciation updates, and more — take the drudgery out of routine fixed asset management tasks
- Asset Type templates to add, rename, delete, and duplicate Asset Types
- Modifiable user-defined fields and book-specific fields such as Property Type, Life, Method, Rate, Placed-In-Service Date, Convention
- Over 20 customizable fields plus 40 additional user-defined fields
- Configurable Asset List
- Unlimited internal asset transfers between departments, cost centers, divisions, etc., with all history retained
- Enhanced General Ledger Journal Entry export including predefined file formats
- Consolidation groups that can be created and reported on at the touch of a button
Import and Export Capabilities
We make it easy for you to integrate BNA Fixed Assets into your current workflow with import and export capabilities built right in.
- Asset data import capability available for data from other fixed assets systems including CSI Depreciation Solutions® for Windows, and Sage’s FAS Asset Accounting™, among others
- Generic import capability imports data from Excel spreadsheet when saved in CSV format
- Batch import acquisitions, disposals, and transfers
- Export to tax compliance software including Thomson’s ONESOURCE, Corptax, Vertex, and others
- Export GL Journal entries using predefined, customizable configurations
What Others Say
Five-Star Review from CPA Practice Advisor - 2011
"BNA Fixed Assets DesktopPro is among the most comprehensive of asset management systems on the market."
Read the 2011 Review of BNA Fixed Assets DesktopPro »
Review from The Progressive Accountant
"Bloomberg BNA's Fixed Assets is a well-respected application for accounting professionals. The team of tax and accounting experts at Bloomberg help to ensure compliance with the seemingly endless list of changes made to tax and GAAP regulations."
Read the Review of Fixed Assets Software »